**potentially contains spoilers for "ME BEFORE YOU"**
My life summary:
Me before you was definitely a happier person.----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO...
I HAVE WATCHED IT!!!
Spoilers anyone? :P
Hey, I did not simply walk to the counter, randomly pick a seat and brave myself into cinema with empty mind okay!
I did my homework... by finished reading the whole book...
AND END UP FEELING QUITE REGRET.
Seriously I should have gone for the movie with empty mind.
Ignorant is bliss, right?
It's a huge let down considered that I had my hands full with the anticipation to see every scene that I thought gonna show but they didn't turn up for a second, then I start nitpicking the movie and end up hating it.
It's undeniable that a book original usually (read: always) blasts its movie version out of the water.
Well, the only exception is Hunger Games in my case.
That's the only film I find to be ever be a patch on the power of the imagination filtered through the pages of the books.
However, I do not eliminate the possibility of the fact that I suck at imagination and I am very grateful because apparently the saga have got a huge production budget to splash all over it.
Because of that, I earned me a chance to get to perceive and understand how does district 13 look like.
COME ON!
Who the hell is able to picture how a, I quote from the book, "uninhabitable" place with the ruins still smoldering from the "chemical bombs" dropped on it during the First Rebellion, look like.
That is too much for my little brain.
That's part of the reason why I don't really enjoy reading the saga.
I practically skipped every details and scanned through pages for main points and VOILA!
Immediately tossed the book aside after flipping through the books to reach ending.
If it was not the movies, I would still be totally ignorant about the story lines.
Sigh. When you are shallow you enjoy less.
Me before you is not a disappointment, it's just not how I pictured it.
Sam Claflin is a huge hot mess and that's obviously icing on the cake!
Emilia Clarke and her eye brows are very distracting I would say.
Khaleesi! Hands off and go back to your dragons! Sam is mine! >_<
BTW, it's kind of weird to see our dragon goddess stays fully clothed throughout the whole movie.
I guess I need some time to adapt to the khaleesi who isn't storming out of fire nakedly and who doesn't need mythical fire-breathers around her to shine bonfire-bright!
In fact, I don't recall if I have seen her showing off her teeth this frequent in GOT!
Now I just cannot unseen that teeth flashing smile =_________=
Sorry Khaleesi! I will always remember you as the goofy walking sunshine in exotic-coloured outfits from now on.
And not forgetting also your bee-striped leggings! LOL.
Overall, it's an average movie.
Everything is on point but there's something missing.
I think it is because the movie flow did not measure up to what I have imagined when reading the book.
No doubt it's a smooth story line.
If I had to look for a bone in an egg, the movie had left out too much small details.
I thought people say "the devil's in the details"?
GIVE ME BACK THE EMOTIONAL ROLLER COASTER!
I HAD THAT WHEN I READ THE NOVEL.
Characters aren't drawn especially deep either.
Honestly, Emilia Clarke is so much better than overeager reaction shots, dear director.
I don't blame the filmmaker because editing and crafting a book with a few hundred pages into a movie within 1.5 hour is never an easy task.
And I do understand that making that transition from words to visual representation plus dialogue is not as simple as it seems, particularly when the book itself is a first-person narrative and there are lots of inner dialogue involved.
Perhaps I have set the bar too high and expected way too much, hence the disappointment.
My friends who tagged along seem happy with the movie.
Well, is it too late to stop reading the sequel now?
Though I don't think there will be sequel for the movie.
At least I won't pay for another movie ticket especially when Sam is gone for good!
Nah, I had had enough of Emilia's on fleek brows.
I can handle it no more.


