And that's probably for the one last time.
Or in other way round, that could be the very first baby step of my aging journey.
Life's been extreme to me lately.
Best or worst, no middle.
At first, I fight back hard, trying to suck all the life bumpers up, but I failed miserably.
Then I realised, challenges are part and parcel of life.
There's no easy way to escape.
Slowly, I have learned to embrace life with a big heart, be it good or bad, I will just gently welcome it with arms opened wide.
It always works better that way.
2)
The best part of homecoming was throwing myself a 24/7 giggling party at all kind of nonsense.
(i)
Little sis made some stupid moves, teased her ceaselessly together with er jie until she came out with another imbecile deed.
Then started to make fun of her with the new joke she just created herself.
(ii)
Laughing out loud until tears rolling down our cheeks when er jie accidentally spitted out some ridiculous comebacks after I vulgarly provoked her.
Or when she got scolded by mom upon swearing.
Her magic word was "cip*t".
It's very rude but I love her more when she angrily or randomly breathed "cip*t lah you" at me cause I think that's super cute. ahaha.
You're right, I enjoyed rudeness a lot better than politeness :P
Even better, when mom jokingly asked us to hand her a cane whenever she heard er jie swore at anyone so that she could put a fear of God into her.
With no hesitance, I would pick up my muffin top and run as fast as I could to reach any cane in my eyesight just to make sure she got punished.
(iii)
Playing Rock- Scissors-Paper with xiao boy and the winner got kisses on both cheeks.
Kisses were getting really precious nowadays considered our little boy was growing a bit (this is totally an understatement!) shied away from the idea of pressing his lips on a female's cheeks in public.
Ah. How I missed those time when he would simply kiss us upon request without hesitance when he was younger!
We knew we had to grab every golden chance for him to kiss us before he got too grown up and only wanted to kiss his girlfriend instead of his old-and-no-more-sexy aunties.
At first he was truly reluctant to kiss me on my cheeks.
I wanted him to kiss me on my lips dry aunt in the house but he refused.
Cheeks were his furthest limit already :(
Then he got really high after a few games he totally forgot about his bottom line already.
He grabbed my face in his hands and started kissing me on my cheeks over and over again.
My cousin (aka xiao boy's mom) looked up, laughing, and asked,
"Why you kiss yuan yi so many times?"He stopped for a few seconds and said,
"I just loves her so much!"Well he actually answered in Mandarin: 因为我很喜欢她嘛! which was much more adorable to listen to! :P
Then he continued with his enthusiastic smooches.
SO CUTEEEEEEE I LITERALLY DIED ON THE SPOT.
Actually no, I did not drop dead.
I just dissolved into jelly LOL.
Speaking of smooches, how could one came out with such sexual interpretation when the term itself sounded so fluffy and cute and affectionate? =____________=
Cute vocab spoiled.
(iv)
As time passed, I realised that mom and dad were no more than funny adults with stern face masks on.
When we were younger, they hid their true colours behind their serious looking masks 24/7.
They rarely laughed at our idiotic moves (at least not in front of us) but I bet my hat that they never let go any chance to laugh at us behind our back.
Guess that was what all parents did when their kids were young.
One could not handle critters with big grin because critters were real good at bullying kind person.
Therefore, a fierce face mask was essential until your toddlers had grown into boring adults.
Nowadays, mom and dad laughed out loud at almost every nonsense we said.
I could not love them more when their tears overflowing because they laughed too hard.
So adorable!
That's the only expression I would never get weary of looking at!
Life's good when you get to shower in unconditional family love! :3
3)
Remember how I used to say I had lost faith in love and I would never be able to fall in love again?
Well, that's bullshit!
Because I want to love and to be loved again.
I want a partner in crime back in my life. I need a nincompoop side by side to do all kind of block-headed remarks while I am still young enough to be idiotic and don't bother to give any fuck when people start judging me for being not wise.
I want a chaperone to sleep beside me, to hold me tight in his arms and to spare me all kind of ridiculous nonsense he had encountered during day time. I want to hold his hand, to giggle all night long, and go to slumberland with my face buried against his chest.
I want someone to kiss me on my forehead (voluntarily LOL), to look into my eyes intensely and tell me how beautiful am I
I want a baker or a cook or any man to walk into kitchen for me, and we can share the fun of creating good food
I am greedy and I want many many things!
*Men run away*
After all, I am just a woman who wishes to be pampered like a princess :)
Somehow, this time, I will be more patient.
Rushing oneself into a relationship for the sake of getting pampered is the silliest thing I can think of for now.
I know it would happen again, when the timing is right.
And this time, I will calmly sit back and let the fate takes over and handle it for me, it always knows better :)
4)
While I was walking down the hill from my hostel towards the bus station this morning, a motorcyclist rode passed me and suddenly he made an urgent U-turn.
My heart immediately skipped a beat, worrying if he was conniving to rob me or something.
He came to me slowly, as I was pondering if I would able to run fast enough to leave him behind, he flipped open his helmet shades.
Ahh, familiar face!
Instantly felt relieved.
Morning! he said.
I smiled, and greeted him morning delightful.
Never expected to see him again though.
"So you purposely made an U-turn just to come and say hi?"
He replied with a firm "yes", then flashed me a sunshine grin.
I was fairly surprised.
I never thought a kind deed as simple as that could bring me such an impact.
He could have gone on with his trip, I would not know who just got past me anyway.
Somehow, he decided to bring his motorcycle to a halt, and sincerely spared me a few seconds of his life.
I really appreciated that effort.
My mood got lighten up in split second and I could not help but keep smiling gratefully while gazing after the man who managed to slap a smile on my face going further and further in his bike.
I guess all of us need one or two crazy fellows in life to pop up spontaneously to remind us that pure happiness comes from little details in life.
And to be the icing on the cake, they are free!
Thank you, Shun Xiang!
You made my day :))))
5)
A close friend told me she saw my ex and his girlfriend somewhere the other day.
Upon reading the said message, I immediately perceived the presence of a lump in my throat.
The message literally rendered me speechless with me froze in bed cozily, never bother to move an inch and the next thing I felt was a sniffy nose, signaling the upcoming tears tsunami.
I just lied there with a crippled mind and waited.
And waited.
And waited.
Nothing happened except continuous tingly sensation in my runny nose.
I thought I would drown myself in tears again, but I did not.
Maybe I just needed to sneeze.
I could not picture my ex standing beside any other girl that was not me.
I knew right, what kind of sorcery was that.
That was exactly why the silent shock attack when I got the message.
My ex was seen with other girl?
That's no strange.
It's just kind of hard for me to picture that.
That's it.
Argh heart, we have a long way to go!
6)
That was the result of a test I created a couple months ago.
I checked on it out of random today and found that someone actually repeated the test just to make sure a perfect score.
So cute!
To the cheating person,
I have no idea who you are.
One thing did I know is that you must be a very honest person.
I love how you confided yourself a cheater by naming yourself one.
That's very humourous!
Thank you for the extra effort.
You might have failed miserably the first time you took the test but you and your determination to go for the second attempt totally wins my heart.
Cheating is bad but I really appreciate your endeavour(s) in this silly test.
Hopefully you had known me more by now.
Congratulation!
But no prize for you because you cheated!
7)
Hectic week ahead! *Whimpering*
Love,
JY


